Vegetable Fried Rice
Vegetable fried rice is a colourful dish to serve along side many different versions of chicken fingers. The key to getting the rice to crisp is to make it a day ahead and frying it up cold from the fridge.
- 4 teaspoons canola or coconut oil
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 large carrot
- 1 sweet bell pepper (red, orange or yellow)
- 4 green onions
- 3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups cooked rice 1 cup dry Uncle Ben’s Whole Grain Rice = 3 cups cooked. Prepare a day before so it is cold from the fridge.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or gluten free Tamari
- Finely dice broccoli, carrot and pepper and put into a small bowl along with the white parts of the green onion. In a tiny bowl set aside green parts of the green onion to be used on top of the fried rice and chicken if desired.
- In the same frying pan that you cooked the lemon chicken you can reheat with 2 teaspoons of oil. Stir fry the broccoli, carrots, pepper and white parts of the green onions for 5 minutes.
- To the pan add edamame, corn, ginger, garlic and continue to cook stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Add another 2 teaspoons of oil along with rice. Heat through and then add soy sauce and sprinkle with green onions.
- If making ahead of time take off the heat after adding the oil and rice. Reheat before dinner and add soy sauce and green onions just before serving.