Chicken can be prepared ahead of time and reheated in the oven. Set the ingredients of the lemon sauce in a pot and cook just before dinner.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup canola or coconut oil divided
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- pinch kosher salt
Egg White Mixture:
- 3 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cut chicken into strips and reserve.
- In a measuring cup whisk egg whites with a fork.
- In a medium sized shallow dish measure 6 tablespoons corn starch and 1/4 teaspoon salt, slowly add egg whites whisking until combined.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Add chicken to the batter and stir. In 2 or 3 batches fry the chicken in your pan until golden brown and cooked through. Add an additional 2 tablespoons of oil for each batch.
- Place cooked chicken on a baking sheet and repeat frying with remaining oil and chicken.
- If serving right away then prepare sauce (#8 and 9) while frying the chicken and you can keep chicken warm in the oven until serving. If making ahead of time store chicken in the fridge and reheat in the oven at 375 for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- For the sauce, combine the chicken broth, lemon juice, honey, cornstarch and lemon zest together in a small saucepan.
- Set heat to medium and stir until sauce combines and begins to thicken. Set aside for serving.
- Arrange chicken on a platter and pour warm sauce over just before serving or put sauce in a serving bowl for your family.