Tzatziki with Toasted Pitas
Tzatziki is so easy and economical to make at home and it will be the freshest you have ever tasted. The perfect compliment to greek chicken and toasted pitas.
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 cups plain or greek yogurt 2% or higher
- 1/4 english cucumber
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Using the small side of your grater, grate the cucumber with skin on. Put grated cucumber into a mesh strainer or squeeze out liquid with your hands and discard.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a bowl or container and chill until ready to serve.