Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
The secret to this recipe is a mix of chocolate chopped so it distributes through the cookie. It is an excellent opportunity to use up some left over Easter chocolate. By melting the butter there is no need to wait for the butter to get to room temperature before mixing. A big thank you to Tara O'Brady for The Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe adapted from Seven Spoons.
- 1 cup unsalted butter cut into tablespoon size pieces
- 1½ cups 250 grams of chocolate – mix of milk and dark and/or semi-sweet chopped
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 360° and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan on very low heat melt the butter. Do not boil or heat longer than necessary or moisture will be lost.
- In a medium bowl whisk together dry ingredients.
- Pour melted butter into a large bowl, whisk in sugars, then add eggs one at a time whisking after each addition. Whisk in vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl and stir with a spatula just until combined. Stir in chopped chocolate.
- Using a 2 tablespoon size cookie scoop drop balls of dough onto the prepared pans. Bake one pan at a time for 10-12 minutes. After 2 minutes transfer to a wire rack to cool.