Ever tried salad in a jar for lunch? Greek salad is perfect for a jar. While you are preparing your dinner prepare a small salad for lunch tomorrow. In a 2 cup jar add 2 tablespoons of dressing, then some feta cheese, olives, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers up to the top so there is as little space as possible before you add the lid. Refrigerate until lunchtime.
- 2 sweet bell peppers mix of colours
- 1 green pepper
- 1 pint/carton cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 english cucumber
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced or diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled or diced
- 1 cup whole kalamata olives or 1/2 cup pitted and sliced
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare salad ingredients by chopping 3 peppers into bite size chunks, cut tomatoes in half, cut cucumbers lengthwise into quarters and then slice, thinly slice red onion or dice. Add all vegetables into a large bowl or container.
- For the greek salad combine all dressing ingredients in a small container or jar.
- Store feta cheese and olives in a small container in the refrigerator until dinner.
- Shake up dressing and add to your salad until you have the desired amount. Sprinkle with olives and feta cheese.