Fresh Tomato and Cucumber Salad
Want to get your kids to eat salad? This recipe is a great start and they can easily make it too!
- 1 english cucumber or 2 field cucumbers
- 1 pint of grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 green onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Quarter the cucumber lengthwise and then cut into slices. Cut tomatoes in half. With kitchen shears cut the green onion, mint and basil into thin slices.
- Whisk together the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a medium or large salad bowl.
- Top with remaining ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve. Before serving give the salad a toss.