Arugula Salad with Crisp Potatoes and Olive Vinaigrette
This arugula salad goes great with a flank steak or barbequed chicken for a meal or on its own for a lunch salad. Serve some crusty bread on the side. This recipe has been adapted from Cooking Light.
- 1 carton baby arugula
- 1 large yukon gold or baking potato - cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup feta cheeese chopped
- 1 small carton grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives (approximately 15) pitted - appr
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme or 2 teaspoons fresh finely chopped
- 10 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- In a food processor or blender pulse the vinegar, olives, mustard and thyme. Slowly add 1/2 cup olive oil and 3 tablespoons water while continually blending until you have a loose dressing. Add to
- In a large non-stick skillet over high heat add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and then add the diced potatoes sprinkled with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Cook stirring occaisionally until you have crisp and golden browned potatoes approximately 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and cook until pieces are tender - another 5 minutes. Stir in red onion and cook a final 5 minutes stirring and watching closely. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- Portion arugula on dinner plates or on a large serving plater. Top with the potato mixture, feta and tomatoes. Drizzle with vinaigrette - you may have some leftover.