Hershey Chocolate Cake or Cupcakes
Chocolate cake made in one bowl like Grandma. This recipe is adopted from the Hersey website is tried and true, perfectly moist and chocolatey rich. Top with any of your favourite icings: chocolate, vanilla or my kids love a little Oreo crumb buttercream. Make it in 2 8 inch round cake pans or 24 cupcakes.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease 2-8 inch round cake pans and line with parchment paper or line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In the bowl of your mixer combine all dry ingredients and whisk until no lumps remain.
- Add in liquid ingredients with the exception of the boiling water and beat on medium until combined, approximately 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water until combined. The batter will be thin. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake cupcakes for 20-25 minutes or cakes for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes and then remove to fully cool on wire racks.
- Prepare and frost cakes as desired.