Lemon Sparkle Cookies
These cookies will brighten anyone's day. Use fresh lemon zest and juice and even a few drops of essential oil so that they burst with citrus flavour. This recipe comes from Bob's Red Mill.
- I love using my cookie scoop to portion out the dough.
- Stand-Up mixer or hand beaters
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp sparkling sugar (Bob's Red Mill)
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl of your mixer cream together butter and sugar with the paddle attachment.
- Add egg and continue beating, add vanilla and juice.
- Mix in the dry ingredients on low just until combined.
- Scoop cookies and roll tops in sparkling sugar. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets and bake until edges are just golden approximately 12 minutes. Rotate the pan half way if you notice the cookies not cooking evenly.
- Cool on a baking rack and store in an airtight container.