Stir Fried Green Beans with Red Peppers
Blanch the beans ahead of time for an easy reheat just before dinner.
- 1/2 lb green beans washed and trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 small garlic cloved minced
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large pot of boiling water cook beans for 2 minutes until they are bright green. Drain and plunge into an ice water bath to cool. Set aside in your large container to dry.
- Add to the container the sliced red peppers. To your small container add the ingredients for the sauce.
- Just before dinner add all ingredients to a large frying pan on medium heat and stir-fry approximately 2 minutes until vegetables are cooked and sauce is heated.