This recipe works for savoury and sweet pies. There is enough dough to make 2 standard sized pies.
- Food Processor
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking salt
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter
- ½ cup cold vegetable shortening I keep mine in the freezer
- 2 tbsp cold vodka
- 2-3 tbsp cold water
- In a food processor process flour and salt to combine.
- Add cold butter and cold shortening cut into 1 cm cubes and pulse until you have a crumbly mixture and butter is in pea sized pieces.
- Pour vodka and 2 T cold water over flour mixture and process a MINIMAL amount until the dough begins to form a ball – it should still be crumbly. (Add an additional 1T of water if needed.)
- Take dough out and shape into a disk. Wrap with plastic and refrigerate while you prepare the pot pie filling.