Korean Beef goes great with the green beans and a side of rice and can be made in the slow cooker or instapot. This Korean recipe has been adapted from The Recipe Critic.
- 1 1/2 – 2 lb flank steak
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
Sauce to add to the slow cooker
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons seasame seeds toasted
- Slice flank steak into thin strips (approximately 1 cm thick) cutting across the grain. Add steak and cornstarch to a ziplock bag and shake to coat.
- In the base of your slow cooker or instapot add all sauce ingredients. Then add steak and stir.
- In the instapot cook for 30 minutes then put on slow cook until dinner (2-3 hours) pressure will release on it's own in this case. In a slow cooker cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5 hours. Garnish with sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds.