Lemon Seared Chicken and Green Beans Amandine
Impress your guests at your next dinner party with this dish. Lemon-brined chicken with a creamy bacon sauce and crisp almonds is a crowd pleaser. Serve with mashed potatoes and a apple kale salad for the perfect fall meal.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (you can easily add 5 or 6 and keep the rest of the recipe the same)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ lb green beans
- ½ cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 tbsp flour leave out if cooking gluten free
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup diced or finely chopped canned tomatoes
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- Place chicken between plastic wrap and using the flat side of a meat under or rolling pin flatten chicken to 2 cm thickness.
- In a large baking dish sprinkle ¼ tsp salt and arrange chicken in a single layer on top. Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ tsp salt and lemon zest over the chicken. Whisk together lemon juice an olive oil and pour over chicken. Place in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook. Up to 3 hours ahead of time.
- Prepare mashed potatoes if using and prep green beans in a pan with water or steamer ready to cook.
- In a large frying pan toast almonds until golden brown – set aside on a plate to cool.
- In the same pan fry up bacon slices until crispy. Set aside on a paper towel to cool and then chop into small pieces.
- In the same pan with the bacon grease pan fry the chicken 2 or 3 pieces at a time until golden brown and cooked through. Let rest covered with foil while you finish cooking all the chicken.
- In the same pan whisk in 1 tbsp of flour and slowly add white wine and broth, continue to whisk until the sauce is smooth and bubbling. Add tomatoes and cream. Taste and add pepper and salt if needed.
- Cook your beans and begin plating with mash potatoes first, then chicken, sauce, sprinkle of bacon, parsley and almonds. Add a little butter and salt to your beans and sprinkle everything with more almonds. Enjoy!!