Grandma’s Gingersnap Cookies
Gingersnap cookies bring back memories from my childhood visits to my grandmother's farm. This recipe is a quick and easy one for the holidays that will make your house smell like Christmas.
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter (salted and not the ¼ tsp salt) room temperature
- 8 tbsp sugar divided
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- Combine flour and next 6 ingredients in a medium bowl with a whisk.
- In a large bowl beat together butter 5 tablespoons sugar and brown sugar for about 5 minutes on medium speed. Add the egg and beat for 30 seconds, add molasses and beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl add the 3 tablespoons of sugar. Shape dough into a small ball and roll in the sugar.
- Bake on a sheet lined with parchment paper for 12-14 min at 350 degrees. Cookies will spread so only 10-12 per pan.
- Cool on the pan for 3 minutes and then on a wire rack.