Salmon and Apple Salad
A perfect light dinner or lunch dish.
- 3-4 fillets Salmon – skin on wild is best
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
- 6 cups baby salad greens
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 apples
- For the salmon combine all ingredients in a container and marinate the salmon for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Just before dinner BBQ or bake salmon skin side down for approximately 18 minutes at 425 degrees.
- In a frying pan add pecans and toast until fragrant and slightly browned. Remove to cool and chop on a cutting board.
- In a small jar or bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- Just before dinner dress the salad and thinly slice the apples. Serve up greens, top with apples, pecans and salmon.