Parmesan Chive Smashed Potatoes
Try this twist on a roasted potato with a recipe from Ina Garten "Parmesan Chive Smashed Potatoes." Boil them ahead of time, smash them on a tray and they are ready to bake in the oven just before dinner. Double this recipe if you are making for company.
- 1 pound small yukon gold potatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place potatoes and 1 tablespoon of salt in a large pot and add enough cold water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat and reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes until potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and spread on a baking sheet to cool.
- With the bottom of a metal measuring cup press into each potato until it is slightly less than 1 cm thick. Drizzle olive oil over and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 30 minutes before dinner roast the potatoes in the oven with the turkey roll at 425 degrees or convection at 400 degrees for approximately 25 mintues. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and roast until melted another 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with chives and serve.