A treat for your kids after school or a nice weekend snack.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into small pieces (or use salted and omit the added salt)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons cream (10-18%)
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon cream (10-18%)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add all dry ingredients except butter and stir to combine with a whisk.
- Using a pastry blender or 2 knives cut butter into the dry ingredients until is is a crumbly mixture and no butter chunks are visible.
- In a separate small bowl whisk together pumpkin, the egg and cream. Add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula just until ingredients are combined.
- Using a muffin scoop form 12 scones onto your prepared baking sheet. Bake in the centre of the oven for 13-15 minutes or until the scones become golden brown. Cool on the baking tray.
- In a small glass measuring cup combine 1/2 cup icing sugar with 1 T cream. Pour/drizzle the glaze over your scones on the baking tray and let sit until icing is dry. Enjoy!!