Cinnamon Granola is a staple in our house that I make about every 2 weeks. We enjoy it with yogurt and fruit for breakfast or a snack. Follow the recipe below or try your own mix of dry ingredients – 7 – 7 1/2 cups total.
Dry Ingredients – 7 cups
- 3 cups large flake rolled oats
- 1 cup pumpkin or pepitas seeds
- 1 cup sliced or chopped almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut (optional)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or other light tasting oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven 315 degrees.
- In a large bowl stir together dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl stir together liquid ingredients.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spread out on 2 large baking sheets and bake for 15 min then remove from the oven and stir.
- Return pans to the oven (pans reversed for equal cooking) and bake for 12 more minutes until golden brown.
- After taking granola out of the oven give it another stir. The granola will seem soft but as it cools will crunch up. Continue stirring as it cools so it doesn’t stick to the pans.
- Option – to add dried fruit once the granola is cooled. Granola will keep in an air tight container on the counter for a good 2 weeks.