A favourite recipe for my son who does not like blueberries. It has become an acceptable replacement for the sought-after blueberry muffin from Starbucks.
- ¼ cup large flake rolled oats
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp fine salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line your muffin pans with papers – 12 large or 15 medium.
- In a small glass measuring cup melt 3 tablespoons of butter. Add 2 tablespoons to a small mixing bowl along with the remaining wet ingredients and wisk together.
- In the glass measuring cup stir together muffin topping ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together all dry ingredients.
- With a spatula stir together wet and dry ingredients and then carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Scoop batter into the paper liners and then top with approximately 3/4 T of topping.
- Bake for 5 min at 425 and then lower the temperature to 375 for an additional 13 minutes or until a woodent toothpick inserted comes out clean.