Banana Oat and Chocolate Chip Muffins
I always seem to have a stash of frozen peeled over ripe bananas in the freezer for smoothies and muffins. I like to use the food processor for the bananas so I get a real smooth texture in the batter. These muffins are 200 calories each with 5 grams of protein.
- food processor optional
- 1 very ripe banana
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup avocado or canola oil
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ¾ cup oats quick cooking
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips semi-sweet or milk chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 375° and line muffin pan with papers.
- In a food process if using add your banana and process until smooth. Next add brown sugar, egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla – process until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine flours, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir with a whisk.
- Using a spatula add the liquid ingredients to your large bowl and stir just until combined.
- Now with the spatula fold in oats and chocolate chips until they are equally distributed.
- Using a muffin scoop drop batter into the paper liners – approximately 3 tbsps each.
- Bake 18-22 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean and tops are golden brown.