Baked Chicken Taquitos with Chopped Vegetables
The kids chop their vegetables, prepare their rolls and you just need to bake for 15-20 minutes before dinner.
- 1/3 cup cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup salsa – green or red for something new try a green avocado salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped or shredded
- 1 cup grated jalapeño cheese or monterey jack cheese – grated
- Canola oil or canola oil spray
- 10-12 small flour tortillas 6-7 inch size
- salsa and/or guacamole for serving at home
- Selection of Fresh Vegetables
- If preparing just before dinner then preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray or using a pastry brush coat a large baking sheet with oil.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together cream cheese, salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- In the same bowl mix in green onions, chicken and cheese.
- Place about 3 tablespoons of the mixture on the lower third of the tortilla away from the edge and roll as tight as possible. Place on your prepared pan seam side down.
- Continue rolling until all filling has been used. Spray or brush the rolls on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the ends are golden brown.
- Serve with salsa and/or guacamole and a side of vegetables.