Sweet Potato Soup
This recipe with only 5 ingredients couldn't be easier and more liked by the whole family. Serve with bread or some cornbread muffins.
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 6 large sweet potatoes approximately 3 lbs.
- 1 large sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes into 3 cm chunks.
- Dice onion into similar sized pieces.
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven add sweet potatoes, onion, broth and butter. Bring to a boil over high heat and then cover, turn to low and simmer about 20 minutes until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Puree – with hand blender or blender or food processor. If soup is too thick you can add more broth or water. Add nutmeg, pepper and salt if needed.