Spinach and Cheese Quiche
Once you try this recipe a few times you can start to experiment with different ingredients. My kids often make this recipe on their own after school for dinner and I just pre-bake the pie shell ahead of time which ensures a crisp crust. For instructions to make mini quiches see sticky tips below. For dinner serve with a salad.
- 1 frozen pie shell
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups 1% or 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach defrosted and drained (approximately 3 cubes)
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded white old cheddar cheese (mozzerella, swiss or monterey jack also work well)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Blind bake the pie shell. Let shell soften while you preheat the oven - 5-10 mins. Prick the bottom with a fork. Line the shell with foil and then ceramic beads (dried beans or rice also work) and bake for 18 minutes. (Pre-made pie shells should have instructions on the box for baking).
- While shell is baking in a large bowl whisk eggs, add milk, salt & pepper. Add in spinach, corn, green onions and garlic.
- Once shell is baked remove beads and foil. Place the shell on a baking sheet. (2 per baking sheet)
- If there are any cracks in the shell sprinkle with cheese to melt in and fill the holes.
- Mix in remaining cheese with eggs and vegetables and pour mixture into baked shell.
- Bake at 375 for about 45 minutes to 1 hour until golden colour and fork in the middle comes out clean.
- Let sit at least 15 minutes before serving. To reheat before dinner or lunch you can bake at 325 for about 15 minutes.