This is a great recipe for kids in the summer and goes well with Apple Celery Salad. It works best to do one recipe at a time. Start with the salad and it can sit on the counter while you make the burgers. Each recipe will make 4 burgers our family has now graduated to 1 1/4 lb of meat for 5 burgers so I find it easiest to get this at the butcher, often we also get ground turkey breast for a leaner option.
- 1 package lean ground turkey meat (500 grams or 1 lb)
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 3/4 cup zucchini grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4-5 whole wheat buns
- To prepare add all ingredients in a large bowl.
- With clean hands mix together all ingredients and divide into 4 or 5 portions depending on the number in your family.
- Form each portion into a patty about 1.5 cm thick onto parchment paper.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer covered until ready to cook.
- Preheat barbeque grill to high.
- Reduce temperature to medium low and grill burgers 6-8 minutes per side until cooked through and internal temperature reads 165 degrees.
I love both of these recipes. The apple, celery salad is a favourite with everyone, so fresh tasting and a nice change from the usual missed greens. The turkey burgers are so full of flavour and… Read more »
Turkey burgers have become a staple in our home, with busy afternoons and evenings packed with activities. We can make them ahead of time, and cook on the BBQ, in a pan, in the oven or… Read more »
We are big fans of homemade burgers at our house and these burgers have quickly become our “go to” for turkey burgers. They come together very quickly and taste delicious. Combining them with this unique “lettuce-less”… Read more »