This is a great recipe for kids in the summer and goes well with Apple Celery Salad. It works best to do one recipe at a time. Start with the salad and it can sit on the counter while you make the burgers. Each recipe will make 4 burgers our family has now graduated to 1 1/4 lb of meat for 5 burgers so I find it easiest to get this at the butcher, often we also get ground turkey breast for a leaner option.
- 1 package lean ground turkey meat (500 grams or 1 lb)
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 3/4 cup zucchini grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4-5 whole wheat buns
- To prepare add all ingredients in a large bowl.
- With clean hands mix together all ingredients and divide into 4 or 5 portions depending on the number in your family.
- Form each portion into a patty about 1.5 cm thick onto parchment paper.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer covered until ready to cook.
- Preheat barbeque grill to high.
- Reduce temperature to medium low and grill burgers 6-8 minutes per side until cooked through and internal temperature reads 165 degrees.