Creamy Chicken Chili
This recipe is really a meal in a bowl with chicken, white beans, peppers, sweet corn all in a velvety broth with a little heat. Make your Creamy Chicken Chili ahead of time and put it in the fridge so the flavours meld together. Let your family get creative by providing a variety of toppings. We like fresh cilantro, shredded monterey jack cheese, diced jalapeños and diced tomatoes.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cups chicken broth more if needed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 28 oz can navy beans rinsed and drained
- 3 cups corn (frozen or canned)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
Optional toppings: fresh cilantro, shredded cheese like monterey jack or old cheddar, diced jalapeños, tomatoes, etc…
- Heat your dutch oven on medium heat, add oil and then onions. Stir constantly and cook for approximately 3 minutes until onions begin to soften.
- Add in minced garlic and chicken and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, wine, spices, peppers, beans and corn and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together milk and flour. Add to the chili by pouring mixture through a mesh strainer to insure there are no clumps. If making ahead of time turn off the heat, let cool and refridgerate until dinner. You will need approximately 15 minutes to reheat the chili.
- As you heat the chili will thicken up. Taste and season with extra salt and/or cayenne if you like it spicy. Add additional broth if your chili gets too thick.
- Garnish with favorite toppings just before serving or let your family add their own.
I have made this Creamy Chicken Chili many times this past winter. It is such a great comfort food and made all in one pot. It is easy if you want a meal to take to… Read more »
“So delicious!!! I added 2 cans of green chills (our favourite) at the end, and it gave it a kick!”