Marinated Flank Steak
A 2 lb flank steak will serve 2 families or purchase 2 smaller steaks. Have your kids practice their measuring and make the marinade for this steak. It is best to marinade this steak for at least 24 hours for the most flavour.
- 1 2 lb flank steak
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon worchestershire sauce
- Make shallow criss cross cuts in the steak to help infuse the marinade.
- Using a large ziplock bag place the bag wrapped around the top of a small/med sized bowl to add marinade.
- Combine all marinade ingredients into your ziplock bag and then add your steak. Close your bag, make the steak flat and refrigerate until ready to BBQ.
- Flip bag in the fridge every 6 hours or so.
- When ready to BBQ take steak out of the bag and discard marinade. Pat steak dry with a paper towel before grilling. Steak will only take 5-10 minutes per side to ensure it is still pink in the middle.
- Let the steak rest under tented foil, cut thin slices on a diagonal across the grain and serve.