Mango Salad is the perfect compliment to a Fresh Pad Thai. I like to use slightly firm mangos in this salad but my kids love the ripe sweeter ones.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- grated zest of one lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (approximately one large juicy lime)
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sweet thai chili sauce
- 2 firm mangos
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint
- In your salad bowl or container combine the dressing of olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, fish sauce and sweet thai chili sauce.
- Peel and thinly slice the mangos, julienne the red pepper and thinly slice your mint.
- To your salad bowl add mangos, peppers and sprinkle mint on top. Toss just before dinner or up to 4 hours ahead. Store in the refrigerator until serving.