Black Bean and Avocado Salad
Fish Tacos can be served with a rice and bean mixture but this salad has a lot more flavour and added fruits and veggies to make a more balanced meal.
- 1 cup canned black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 mango
- 1 green onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice approximately 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small avocado diced – cut just before serving
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Rinse and drain black beans.
- Cut grape tomatoes in half, dice the red pepper and mango.
- Slice the green onions and In a large bowl combine all ingredients with the exception of the avocado.
- Avocado can be diced and added to the salad just before serving or sliced and served on the side with the tacos.