Tomato Parmesan Pasta Salad
Prepare this salad ahead of time for a picnic lunch everyone will love. Consider doubling it for your next pot luck barbeque.
- 1/2 lb bow tie or fusilli pasta
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted and diced
- 10 slices salami chopped
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
For the Dressing:
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil drained
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a large pot of salted boiling water cook pasta until tender but firm – according to the package. Drain and allow to cool in a large bowl.
- While the pasta is cooking prepare the dressing by adding all ingredients to the food processor. Option: At the end of processing add parsley and pulse to chop.
- In the bowl with pasta add tomatoes, olives, salami and dressing. Top with parmesan cheese and parley.
- Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours or up to a day before serving.