Arugula, Apples & Manchego Cheese Salad
My new favourite recipe from Jenn Segal of Once Upon a Chef. Salad is tossed in an Cider Vinaigrette and can be perfectly paired with many fall dishes.
- 5 ounces baby arugula washed and ready to eat package
- 1 honeycrisp apple
- 3 ounces manchego cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Toast the almonds in a large frying pan over medium heat – watch and stir frequently.
- Using a vegetable peeler thinly slice the manchego cheese.
- Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Thinly slice the apple.
- In a large bowl dress arugula little by little – do not over dress – you may have a little left over. Stir in apples and top with cheese and almonds.