“One of the best decisions we ever made for our daughter.”
“It was a fantastic opportunity for her to build self-awareness, confidence and resilience, while discovering how one’s mindset has the power to either limit or unlock performance. She came away with many practical tools which will serve her well not only in sport, but in life. Coach Cooper’s care, compassion and genuine desire to see her athletes reach their potential shines through.”
“It teaches you ways to improve in your sport by understanding that the mental part of the game is just as important as the physical part.”Testimonials from current clients
A strong positive mindset means a more confident athlete. Confident athletes don’t need external validation. They take risks and get outside their comfort zone to improve and grow. They know how to overcome failure. They stand up for themselves. They have a positive body image, positive self talk and intrinsic motivation.
Before we begin clients need to have a desire to learn, be open and honest, be willing to try new things, take risks and commit to practice.
I would love to work with your daughter.
A typical programme runs weekly for 6 sessions and includes text check-ins as athletes practice new skills. Parents can share any insight or concerns before we begin and during the programme.
- Week 1 starts with a survey that will help me get to know your daughter and will help her build self awareness.
- Week 2 is about how the brain works and the importance of stepping outside our comfort zones.
- In week 3 we learn about emotions and a strategy called RULER to work through emotions. It is ideal if your daughter has her sport activity a few times a week so she can test out the tools she learns.
- Week 4 we spend time on managing pressure, learning different mindfulness exercises and improving focus.
- Week 5 is about self compassion, motivation, goal setting and finding ways to enjoy the learning process.
- Week 6 is a review of learnings and the development of a toolbox of resources. We will also spend time on the importance of reflecting, revising and repeating.
Feedback so far has been very positive. Girls are using their resources and practices to build confidence in all aspects of life.
One time sessions for individuals or teams are available for any of these topics listed above in addition to:
- Dealing with Disappointment
- Preparing for an upcoming Tryout or Big Competition
- Staying Connected and Positive While Injured