Tomato Parmesan Pasta Salad
Prepare this salad ahead of time for a picnic lunch everyone will love. Consider doubling it for your next pot luck barbeque.
- 1/2 lb bow tie or fusilli pasta
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted and diced
- 10 slices salami chopped
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
For the Dressing:
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil drained
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
In a large pot of salted boiling water cook pasta until tender but firm - according to the package. Drain and allow to cool in a large bowl.
While the pasta is cooking prepare the dressing by adding all ingredients to the food processor. Option: At the end of processing add parsley and pulse to chop.
In the bowl with pasta add tomatoes, olives, salami and dressing. Top with parmesan cheese and parley.
Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours or up to a day before serving.