Salmon and Apple Salad
A perfect light dinner or lunch dish.
- 3-4 fillets Salmon - skin on wild is best
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
- 6 cups baby salad greens
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 apples
For the salmon combine all ingredients in a container and marinate the salmon for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Just before dinner BBQ or bake salmon skin side down for approximately 18 minutes at 425 degrees.
In a frying pan add pecans and toast until fragrant and slightly browned. Remove to cool and chop on a cutting board.
In a small jar or bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
Just before dinner dress the salad and thinly slice the apples. Serve up greens, top with apples, pecans and salmon.