Vegetable Fried Rice
Vegetable fried rice is a colourful dish to serve along side many different versions of chicken fingers. The key to getting the rice to crisp is to make it a day ahead and frying it up cold from the fridge.
- 4 teaspoons canola or coconut oil
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 large carrot
- 1 sweet bell pepper (red, orange or yellow)
- 4 green onions
- 3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups cooked rice 1 cup dry Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Rice = 3 cups cooked. Prepare a day before so it is cold from the fridge.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or gluten free Tamari
Finely dice broccoli, carrot and pepper and put into a small bowl along with the white parts of the green onion. In a tiny bowl set aside green parts of the green onion to be used on top of the fried rice and chicken if desired.
In the same frying pan that you cooked the lemon chicken you can reheat with 2 teaspoons of oil. Stir fry the broccoli, carrots, pepper and white parts of the green onions for 5 minutes.
To the pan add edamame, corn, ginger, garlic and continue to cook stirring constantly for 1 minute.
Add another 2 teaspoons of oil along with rice. Heat through and then add soy sauce and sprinkle with green onions.
If making ahead of time take off the heat after adding the oil and rice. Reheat before dinner and add soy sauce and green onions just before serving.