Stir Fried Green Beans with Red Peppers
Blanch the beans ahead of time for an easy reheat just before dinner.
- 1/2 lb green beans washed and trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 small garlic cloved minced
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
In a large pot of boiling water cook beans for 2 minutes until they are bright green. Drain and plunge into an ice water bath to cool. Set aside in your large container to dry.
Add to the container the sliced red peppers. To your small container add the ingredients for the sauce.
Just before dinner add all ingredients to a large frying pan on medium heat and stir-fry approximately 2 minutes until vegetables are cooked and sauce is heated.