Apple Celery Salad
I love this salad especially for kids who might shy away from a traditional greens. This is also perfect packed in a lunch because it can be dressed ahead of time. Throw a bit of arugula in before serving for a more grown up version.
- 2 gala or other similar sweet apple
- 4 large celery stalks
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered or sliced almonds
- 16 curls Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp apple juice or apple cider
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper or less for kid appeal
Cut apples in thin slices shaped like half moons.
Cut celery in thin angled slices.
Toast almonds in a frying pan on medium heat until golden brown and fragrant. Watch closely as they will burn easily.
Using a peeler cut 16 or so curls of parmesan cheese.
Mix together dressing in a small bowl with a fork.
Toss apples and celery in the dressing and top with cheese and almonds.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours.