Baked Chicken Taquitos with Chopped Vegetables
The kids chop their vegetables, prepare their rolls and you just need to bake for 15-20 minutes before dinner.
- 1/3 cup cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup salsa - green or red for something new try a green avocado salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped or shredded
- 1 cup grated jalapeño cheese or monterey jack cheese - grated
- Canola oil or canola oil spray
- 10-12 small flour tortillas 6-7 inch size
- salsa and/or guacamole for serving at home
- Selection of Fresh Vegetables
If preparing just before dinner then preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Spray or using a pastry brush coat a large baking sheet with oil.
In a medium sized bowl mix together cream cheese, salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder and salt. Stir to combine.
In the same bowl mix in green onions, chicken and cheese.
Place about 3 tablespoons of the mixture on the lower third of the tortilla away from the edge and roll as tight as possible. Place on your prepared pan seam side down.
Continue rolling until all filling has been used. Spray or brush the rolls on the baking tray.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the ends are golden brown.
Serve with salsa and/or guacamole and a side of vegetables.