Fresh Tomato and Cucumber Salad
Want to get your kids to eat salad? This recipe is a great start and they can easily make it too!
- 1 english cucumber or 2 field cucumbers
- 1 pint of grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 green onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Quarter the cucumber lengthwise and then cut into slices. Cut tomatoes in half. With kitchen shears cut the green onion, mint and basil into thin slices.
Whisk together the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a medium or large salad bowl.
Top with remaining ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve. Before serving give the salad a toss.